||Mechiel Lukkien <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
||Mon, 20 Aug 2007 17:22:52 +0200|
||move things to test for.
this file contains some ideas on what to test about the tools, and how
to perform those tests.
- cross-test the plan 9 venti, plan 9 from user space nventi and ventisrv,
using venti/^(read write).
- cross-test the plan 9 (from user space) vac and vacfs, and vacget,
- test with/without compression, test with reading compressed data file
but not writing new compressed blocks (-C vs. -c).
- test whether ventisrv continues properly when index is
empty/partial/complete, when shutdown while writing.
- test the operations: pristine/duplicate write, absent/present read, random/sequential operations.
- client doing multiple requests, read/write/sync mixed.
- using all combinations of read/write/sync.
- client qeueing requests (vtest).
- inspect fd's to see if remote connection really does go down.
- try exceeding 256 tids in a client (use vtest).
- make dials fail (both, only proxy, only authorative).
- test -n with bad proxy/authorative server.
- writing special files: +t for temporary, should be skipped.