hg resolve [OPTION]... [FILE]...
redo merges or set/view the merge status of files
Merges with unresolved conflicts are often the result of non-interactive merging using the "internal:merge" configuration setting, or a command-line merge tool like "diff3". The resolve command is used to manage the files involved in a merge, after 'hg merge' has been run, and before 'hg commit' is run (i.e. the working directory must have two parents). See 'hg help merge-tools' for information on configuring merge tools.
The resolve command can be used in the following ways:
- 'hg resolve [--re-merge] [--tool TOOL] FILE...': attempt to re-merge the specified files, discarding any previous merge attempts. Re-merging is not performed for files already marked as resolved. Use "--all/-a" to select all unresolved files. "--tool" can be used to specify the merge tool used for the given files. It overrides the HGMERGE environment variable and your configuration files. Previous file contents are saved with a ".orig" suffix.
- 'hg resolve -m [FILE]': mark a file as having been resolved (e.g. after having manually fixed-up the files). The default is to mark all unresolved files.
- 'hg resolve -u [FILE]...': mark a file as unresolved. The default is to mark all resolved files.
- 'hg resolve -l': list files which had or still have conflicts. In the printed list, "U" = unresolved and "R" = resolved. You can use "set:unresolved()" or "set:resolved()" to filter the list. See 'hg help filesets' for details.
Mercurial will not let you commit files with unresolved merge conflicts. You must use 'hg resolve -m ...' before you can commit after a conflicting merge.
The following keywords are supported in addition to the common template keywords and functions. See also 'hg help templates'.
- String. Character denoting merge conflicts, "U" or "R".
- String. Repository-absolute path of the file.
Returns 0 on success, 1 if any files fail a resolve attempt.
options ([+] can be repeated):
|-a||--all||select all unresolved files|
|-l||--list||list state of files needing merge|
|-m||--mark||mark files as resolved|
|-u||--unmark||mark files as unresolved|
|-n||--no-status||hide status prefix|
|-t||--tool TOOL||specify merge tool|
|-I||--include PATTERN [+]||include names matching the given patterns|
|-X||--exclude PATTERN [+]||exclude names matching the given patterns|
|-T||--template TEMPLATE||display with template|
global options ([+] can be repeated):
|-R||--repository REPO||repository root directory or name of overlay bundle file|
|--cwd DIR||change working directory|
|-y||--noninteractive||do not prompt, automatically pick the first choice for all prompts|
|-v||--verbose||enable additional output|
|--color TYPE||when to colorize (boolean, always, auto, never, or debug)|
|--config CONFIG [+]||set/override config option (use 'section.name=value')|
|--debug||enable debugging output|
|--encoding ENCODE||set the charset encoding (default: UTF-8)|
|--encodingmode MODE||set the charset encoding mode (default: strict)|
|--traceback||always print a traceback on exception|
|--time||time how long the command takes|
|--profile||print command execution profile|
|--version||output version information and exit|
|-h||--help||display help and exit|
|--hidden||consider hidden changesets|
|--pager TYPE||when to paginate (boolean, always, auto, or never) (default: auto)|